01 August 2007

Post 2

I love English. True, it's the only language I speak (an odd situation for a German butterfly, I know), but I think it has many wonderful features.
Par exemple (pronounced "par ex-am-pluh" for those of you who didn't take French in high school), you can verbify (a cat rubs against you, you get "all hairified"), adjectify (hairifying is a cattish tendency)--heck, parts of speech are completely interchangeable (though I have yet to hear of anybody conjunctifying anything; if you hear of it, lemme know).
My favorite thing about English, though, is that you can say a lot without saying anything at all; better yet, we even have a fancy word for it that was used very effectively by one of my favorite bands.
Hooray for talking and saying nothing!
Hooray for Blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment