25 August 2007

Post 11

So, as of just an hour or so ago, my roommate is officially engaged. They seem like a healthy couple, and I'm happy for them and all, but I wanna give a bit of advice to all you engaged or steady-dating types from all we single folks:

Last night, my roommate and his girlfriend (she didn't become his fiancee until this morning) went on a date to see The Bourne Ultimatum and invited me to come along. The original idea was that it'd be a double date, but, because I only got a couple hours' advanced notice, I was unable to find a date, so, instead of a double date, it was me tagging along with my buddy and his steady. Lovely. Now, I really like my friend and his girl; they included me in every way; there wasn't even a second when I felt excluded in any way, but the fact that they were on a date, and I was with them and not on a date, really just made me feel a little bit awkward and really pretty lonely.
Right now, they're out wakeboarding. They invited me along and couldn't understand why I didn't want to go. I suppose I may just be jealous and lonely, so I just said I didn't feel like going. Yasee, especially now that they are officially engaged--and have been for only an hour--I don't imagine that they'd be much fun to be around unless I had someone to bring along, but, alas, I do not.

So here's the bit of advice:

O awl ye steadee daters, try ye to understande that we sociallee declined types don't always want to hang out with thee and thy betrothed.

No comments:

Post a Comment