25 March 2008

Post 107

So, I've mentioned my dictionary collection. I have another lackluster collection that I'm very proud of that I think I'll tell you about now: my kitchen appliance collection.

Appliances are surprisingly fun for as practical as they are. This makes them easy (and dangerous!) to collect because I can always justify getting another one. This all started when I was buying some necessities before moving away to college; I saw some appliances on sale, so I picked up a blender, crockpot, and electric skillet. Then my parent bought a new toaster, so I mooched their old one. I also mooched one of their extra popcorn poppers (I come from a family of popcorn fanatics). Then I got a George Foreman grill from one of my brothers for Christmas. About a month ago, I bought myself a rice cooker. And, as of yesterday, I am now the proud owner of a secondhand bread maker!

So. There you go. More boring hobbies from me, your friendly German butterfly....

4 comments:

  1. A bread maker? Oooo... Now you are dangerous! Lol. You're gunna share, right? *puppy dog eyes* O.O Please?...
    Heh... you sound like my mom... Always getting a new toy... Although I gotta agree, new gagets are always nice. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* A crockpot. I want a crockpot . . . and a blender . . . oh, that I could afford to collect kitchen appliances.

    P.S. That's awesome you have an actual popcorn popper. I grew up with one. Microwave popcorn is just not the same . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I don't even like the SMELL of microwave popcorn anymore--kind of a snob that way.

    Oh. And don't you live in Utah? You should totally hit up a DI--it's appliance heaven! ('course, they don't always work so well, but you aren't out much.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alas, the only appliances I've ever seen at the DI I've been to most often are toasters. Many, many toasters. Perhaps I need to expand my DI horizons . . .

    ReplyDelete