21 February 2008

Post 92

Okay, this is big!

Shoot. I'm at a moral dilemma here. There are two posts on other blogs that you must read, but, if I link to them, you probably won't read them (I probably wouldn't, at least; I'm not very good about following links, which is why I don't use them much these days), and, if I copy them in full, this post will be so ridiculously long that you won't read it anyway.

-angry sigh-

Right. So. Please, please, please, please, pleeeeeease read this post by Trevor and then read this one by Schlange. They deal with very different subject matters (the parallels between mass media and cheap pastries aren't extremely obvious, really), but they make essentially the same point, and I think that it's a good point to make.

If you want an even better chance at having the same experience I had in reading these posts, you might consider listening to Paul Simon's "Kodachrome" in the background while you read (that opening line--"when I look back on all the crap I learned in high school/It's a wonder I can think at all"--brilliant! Perhaps my favorite line in all of popular music).

I was gonna write some of my own thoughts on the two posts, but I should really go to bed right now, so I shall refrain. This strikes me as good for the potency of this post in two ways: 1) it will prevent me from typing incoherent nonsense in a daze of halfawakedness, and 2) it will keep this post short, which may encourage you to actually follow the above links.

G'night!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting read. Trevor makes an excellent point. Several things he said resonated with what I was talking about and gave me something substansial to chew on. Thanks for drawing the comparison.

    -Schlange

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, by the way, I appriciate that you gave me a heads up regarding this comparison without giving me too much about the content. It gave me an opportunity to think about and put down my deeper thoughts regarding what I wrote, and got me thinking about so many more aspects of my life than if I'd have just read Trevors post.

    ReplyDelete