28 September 2007

Post 23

[Okay, ril quick jist follow this link, read the comic, and then come back and read this post; otherwise, this ain't gonna make a good deal of sense.]

So. Arby's sells a Southwest Chicken Eggroll. This strikes me as a mite bit--uh--idiosyncratic; I mean, combining Oriental and Occidental cuisine in such a way seems--I dunno--just weird, if not totally sacrilegious. Working at Arby's, I ask as many people who order the Eggrolls as I can what they think of them, and most agree that the cultural convergence is not as harmonious as its creators undoubtedly hoped it would be.
My question is, if Arby's wants to sell something that has black beans and chicken in it, why don't they just wrap it in a tortilla? Has our society really been improved by the advent of this culinary mutt? (Not that I think our society has gained a whole lot from fast food in general....)

Anyway, whenever I see the big poster that advertises "New Southwest Chicken Eggrolls Now For A Limited Time Hurry In!" all I can think is ***.

1 comment:

  1. .

    I didn't know you worked at Arby's. The one just off campus? I hope not, because I took Lynsey there once and it was horrible and I've never been to an Arby's since. This makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete