05 September 2007

Post 16

Hello, faithful readers!
All none of you....

I just got to thinkin'; if no one's actually going to read this, there isn't any danger in throwing out a confession. And maybe by throwing out a private matter, I can depend on Murphy's Law (especially since it originated so close to my home town) in hopes that suddenly every person on the planet with internet access will look at my blog all at the same time so my dark little secret will be known the world over.
Hmm.... Sounds like fun to me!

CONFESSION:
I think I have a drinking problem.

Now, to understand that confession fairly, please remove from your mind any connotation that the word "drinking" carries and go with a completely literal definition, kay?

That I may have a problem occurred to me just a few minutes ago as I opened our refrigerator and had a nice, cold drink of--that's right--spaghetti sauce.
Is that normal?
Sharing an apartment with five other guys makes me feel really self-conscious--almost paranoid--and I make sure I take my occasional swig of honey when no one is around.
Is that normal?
Back in my high school days, whenever I needed a quick snack, I used to crack an egg into a mug, fill the mug with milk, stir the concoction with a fork, and then drink it down.
Is that normal?

Sometimes I think I may be weird--not odd or strange--straight up weird.

Nah, probably not.

6 comments:

  1. .

    Yeah. That's weird. Even by my standards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GROSS!!!!

    Those were all gross, but especially the egg in the milk! Where on earth did you even come up with that?!! EWWW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. .

    I drink olive juice and dill pickle juice. Is that as odd?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LS: When I was a kid, the family doctor advised me to eat a raw egg every day. I decided to start doing that in high school but couldn't pallet it plain so mixed it with a mug of milk. Now that I've had salmonella, I wouldn't even dream of it!

    Th: you sicko....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure. It was Dr. Barry. He gave the suggestion to Mom. I'll have to ask her about it.

    ReplyDelete