31 January 2009

Post 182

So I decided a while ago that I was sick of having a link to a profile at the top of my blog (you'll notice that I didn't bother with it on my newer blog), but I like that butterfly so much that I just couldn't part with it. Today I decided it was time for it to go, but I made the butterfly into a banner to put with my blog's title and description so it could stick around. Unfortunately, because of the nature of the B/W-ness of the picture, it looked really goofy on my old template, so I put it on this white background where it's more at home.

And now my blog looks really bland and boring.

But that's okay. I mean, you come here for the words, not the look, right?

I dunno.... I hope this is temporary, but I don't feel like putting any serious effort into making it look nicer, so it may not be.

6 comments:

  1. .

    Actually, I really like this look. Very clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it better now that I've had a day to adjust. Black on white really is more my style: I am the kid who never uses pictures, remember? What was really bugging me was that the posts aren't centered--which was true of my last layout too. I think this new look may be around for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your small worldness sort of made me laugh. That's too funny. And I have NO idea why he reads my blog. I don't even do any JSN things any more. I'm so lame (o:

    But, yeah, way cool!

    (Hi, Th.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's... white... I dunno. I've never seen that much white space on the screen before. I kinda like it just because it's different.
    It be up to you.
    But I do think you should keep the butterflys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it.

    So please don't change it just because you're tempted to be contrary when you and I seem to agree on something . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so weird!

    All though my teenage years, while my Mom was adding color to our house's interior by painting all the walls various colors, I steadfastly maintained that I liked white walls, that I didn't want any color in my personal space. Even after I went on my mission, I requested that they be left plain.

    She thought I was crazy.

    I'm okay with the with the simplicity of it--I actually modified the template so none of the text would be colorful--but I didn't figure it'd be very aesthetically pleasing to you, my readers. But it's okay with me if it's okay with you; I just expected you all to be--um--nonplussed.

    Apparently I don't know you so well as I thought I did.

    ReplyDelete