27 September 2008

Post 153

Prepositions are not bad things to end a sentence with. Those who are against ending sentences with prepositions must be put down. Their objections to terminal prepositions are the most baseless (not to mention heartless) things I can think of. There is no reason they should be put up with. We need to tell them to shut up! We need to force them to sit down!

I just thought I’d give you something to think about. I really had to think this through. It’s a tough subject to speak on. For listening to me, I give you my thanks many times over.

7 comments:

  1. Cleverness points for you.

    And now, I'm going to stop slacking and return to writing my paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of that one paragraph where all the "E"s are missing... You don't see anything odd at first, but you know something can't be quite right.
    Yeah, cleverness points! (at you)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buahahahha! As I read this, my opinion of your creative word smithing went up. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Th, are you aware that the link you provided is to a suspended account?

    ReplyDelete
  5. .

    Oh. Huh. You're right. And the other one I know about is gone too. Darn. Guess Steve Martin hired a lawyer.

    Go to the library and check out Pure Drivel. Read the whole thing of course, but the article about the Times New Roman period shortage is what I was trying to link to.

    ReplyDelete