11 August 2008

Post 149

It's been a while since I've posted anything--long enough that Confuzzled's been complaining, at least--so here we have something totally unprecedented, something, in fact, that flies completely in the face of some of my most precious credos: a post wherein I'm nice to Confuzzled. Kinda. Actually, this is something that I've been meaning to do for quite a while, but it happens to be in response to something she said a couple months ago, so it might appear that I'm being nice to her, I dunno. If I am, in fact, being nice to her, we'll just call it an anomaly--me stirring the waters just to make sure we don't get stuck in a rut (er--canal, I guess, if we want to avoid mixing metaphors)--or something like that.

Rest assured, Confuzzled: I will, no doubt, be returning to the lambasting that we are all so much more accustomed to here shortly.

Anyway, anybody remember my review of Kung-Fu Panda? That post is an interesting one because I basically claimed that I laughed so hard while watching that movie that my brains fell out and I had no more desire to be a gloomy, pensive individual. In the comments section, my dear, naysaying brother questioned whether such a change could be made all at once, and I honestly didn't know.

Well, it's now been just over two months since I made that declaration, and, though I still find myself being isolationistic in my pensive habits on a regular basis, I think that I've generally become a more happy-go-lucky sort of individual. So take that, causality--er--whatever--!

I've actually wandered far away from where I intended to be, so let me back up: the reason I bring up that post is because Confuzzled commented and said, "Also, you should start writing jokes. Because I don't know any. And you could help me!" Though I responded to the rest of her comment, I purposely avoided that part of it because I wanted to do then what I was about to do now.

Ya see, just a week or two before the historic Kung-Fu Panda Post, I had auditioned for a stand-up comedy club here at BYU, and I had just found out a few days before writing that post that they had decided that I was not funny enough to be in their club. Meh. Whatever. I wasn't terribly interested in being in the club: I mostly just auditioned for the sake of giving stand-up a try. I would've liked being in the club now, but I have different interests developing now that would probably conflict anyway, so 'sall good.

ANYway, what I wanted to do in response to Confuzzled comment that I haven't been able to do just now is to post my audition here. It took me longer than I expected to get that video file from the club, and it's taken me a few weeks to get around to using a campus computer that had the wherewithal to take the video from DVD to computer to blog, but I finally did it today, so here it is. This is me trying (and evidently failing) to be funny. I dunno, you be the judges of funny, I guess:




So there you have it. I generally consider myself a situationally humorous kind of guy: I ain't no performing monkey here to make you giggle on demand, no sir! But, if nothing else, I hope you can find humor in the attempt.

I have another, more melodramatic video I'd like to post sometime, but this has taken me a lot longer than I expected it to, so that will have to wait for another time, I guess.

6 comments:

  1. .

    Well we laughed. If you were to try out again, we advise:

    1. Work more on enunciation.
    2. Don't say "I'm not gonna lie" so much.
    3. Look up.

    ---

    Did a girl really say 'never'? That's mean.

    ---

    Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed too.

    (And now the universe can return to its regularly scheduled program . . . we'll see if I can't write something within the next few days that you can vehemently disagree with. Or, you know, not.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I laughed too. ^.^ Nicely done Kirsten. ^.~

    Yeah, I agree with Th. Look up and don't fidged with the mike cord so much. Other than that, nicely done. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seemed like the crowd was laughing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another quick note: my roommate teases me about saying "I'm not gonna lie" as often as I do in casual conversation. But after showing her that video, she's decided it's possible I share that dubious honor with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally! I've wanted to see that clip since you came home and gave me a rundown of the jokes. I appriciated most of the jokes. They were fresh and unique.

    If I could edit other posts I'd bold and capitalize number three on Th's list.

    Any chance you can get a copy of the guy with the hook? I keep thinking about the bit you mentioned that went something along the lines of "it says on this questionare 'What would you have put on your stump if you lost your hand?'... I'm just not sure..."

    ReplyDelete