19 January 2008

Post 75

I just watched Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit. I bought it last night for 50 cents at a thrift store, and after watching it, I think that's about what it was worth.

Now, now. Don't get all angry at me; I like Wallace and Gromit as much as the next fellow--perhaps more than the next fellow if said fellow doesn't know who they are. I've seen "The Wrong Trousers" and "A Close Shave" and "Grand Day Out"--I enjoyed each, and I enjoyed Were-Rabbit, too--I like the humor; it's very clever. Things like "Anti-Pesto" and the toupee-sounds-like-"to pay" joke and the various humorous scene transitions (eg Lady Tottington's hair turning into a cloud) and the multitudinous other delightful little gags encountered along the way--they all make me at least smile. But I'm just not sure how much rewatchability this flick has. It's certainly worth a viewing--I certainly don't regret paying a half-dollar for it; quite to the contrary, I'm rather happy I did--I just--well, I probably won't hold on to it for very long.

I'm trying to be very selective in my movie collection. Without hardly trying, I've amassed a small library of books that includes many a volume that I haven't and may never read. I don't want to fall into the same trap with my DVD collection; every DVD that finds its way onto my shelf is going to be personally meaningful or poignantly insightful or dramatically moving or brilliantly funny--each is going to have a darn good reason for being on my shelf.

I would go through and tell you all the movies I have in my collection, but I think that's a discussion for another post. Besides, I have certain unmet goals regarding both additions and subtractions that need to be made, so I won't brag until the time for bragging has arrived, and it hasn't yet. But trust me when I say that when it comes, I'll be bragging.

Incidentally, I have another collection that will be bragging worthy in a few days when my most recent Amazon order arrives; be looking forward to that post within the week.

1 comment:

  1. .

    I'm angry at you.

    Don't get rid of it till you've seen it again.

    (O assumes you were just overwhelmed by the scary parts?)

    ReplyDelete