13 October 2007

Post 29

Perhaps I have an overly expressive face....

I've never really thought about how much I use my eyebrows, but I have noticed a few times lately that sometimes while reading or going on a walk alone with my thoughts or having a really good conversation with someone, my forehead muscle(s) are actually sore from the effort. A couple days ago, as I was getting out of the shower, I examined my forehead in the mirror and notice--yup--three little wrinkles upon my youthful brow, fine but definite, premature but probably not unreasonable.
21 years old! Wrinkles!
But I am unrepentant; most of the time, I am totally and blissfully unaware of what's going on with my face. I've been trying to pay attention lately, but it's hard to observe such a system without affecting it, so I can never tell if I'm exaggerating or being merely overly self aware.

Anyway. I guess what I'm getting at is this: that piece your mother always said about not making silly faces because your face might freeze that way may well be true to some extent, so strike a dashing pose and be sure to eat all your vegetables!

1 comment:

  1. .

    It's true. And inevitable. The only real question is, are you getting the wrinkles you want?

    ReplyDelete