29 May 2009

Post 203

So, my phone has audio recording capabilities, which I used to use to record the ideas for songs I would get when I was a janitor and my mind had nothing better to do than make up songs. I thought of that today, so I listened to all those recordings as I walked home from school. Audio File 0701081933-00(9/26) surprised me because it wasn't a song: it was me talking.

I do not remember making this recording. I do not know what circumstances I recorded it under. I checked the file information and learned that I made the recording on July 1, 2008 at 7:33pm, so I looked up my journal entry for that day and found this paragraph (and several others, but this is the relevant one):
It's been a long day. Left Tehachapi shortly after 9am, got to Burbank around 1pm, boarded the plane a little before 2pm, landed between 4:30 and 5pm, drove Grandma to Brigham City so she could get a ride from Leroy home, got back to Provo a little after 9pm.
I am grateful now for this little paragraph of excessive detail: it tells me that Audio File 0701081933-00(9/26) was made while I was driving from Brigham City to Provo (because I doubt I made it while my grandmother was riding with me).

So here is a piece of my mind while driving the last leg of an 11-hour journey:
What could possibly be inside of Box K? It's 168 inches by 157 inches by 115 inches, and it weighs 11,300 pounds. It's a cardboard box on a truck. It's fragile, and it needs to be kept dry; you're not allowed to forklift it--how do you move 11,300 pounds without a forklift? How do you get it on a truck--a crane? Doesn't seem any more delicate than a forklift. Strange. Anyway. That's it.
Any guesses as to what was in Box K? I assume all this information was written on the cardboard box. What could possible be so big and so fragile and not water proof?

You are now free to speculate.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [please pardon the deleted post. I got carried away, used real names, and in doing so failed to protected the innocent. I'll never get on Dragnet now. *pout* )

    Whale is a great guess, but I've got a better one... and in all fairness it could be the same one.

    Schmetterling, do you remember when we were just starting as Janitors and you got some sort of message saying that you could earn 2,000 dollars a week doing some vague sort of work that sounded almost like sales? We couldn't concieve of anything both plausible and legal. I'm now convinced that the job was to sell whatever was in that box... the american dream perhaps. Or whales. Whatever it is, we'll never know -- because you never applied for the job. Are you happy now?

    ReplyDelete