05 April 2008

Post 111

Last night I watched The Man Who Knew too Little. It was a lot of fun; I really enjoyed it. I've decided that I like Bill Murry; he's a funny, funny man. I was kinda skeptical going in to it, and the first few minutes certainly didn't wow me, but by the end, I had done quite a bit of laughing. If you're looking for something that is merely silly, this is probably a good choice for you. The way it was pitched to me was something like, "It's Billy Murry being Bill Murry, and he's really funny. I think it was written for Bill Murry. If it was anyone else, it'd probably be pretty dumb, and if Bill Murry wasn't involved at all, it would be laaaaame, but it's really funny."

It isn't as quotable as many comedies; I found a lot of the humor was in Bill's facial expressions. Like when he sees the needle it the doll, he squints toward the bush with a really funny look on his face. And after they inject him with the truth serum, his face makes the line, "Oh. It's a real pen," really, really funny.

I dunno. If you're looking to get some chuckles in, this is a good'un. Not gonna say it's the funniest movie I've ever seen, but I liked it alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment