14 November 2007

Post 42

Today, a salute to Pringles. I just sent them an email using the "contact us" link on their website; this is what it said:
*
I don't have a question, per se. I just wanted to email you a thank you. I was grocery shopping recently and notice Pringles with 50% less fat and 30% fewer calories. I'm not especially interested in health food, but I was happy to see a corporation that understands the difference between "less" and "fewer." I was very sad as I left that grocery store to learn that their express checkout lane was for customers with "20 items or less."

Thank you for using good English; it means a lot to me.
*
Go Pringles! You're an inspiration to us all!

2 comments:

  1. Just as a follow up, this is the email I got in response:
    *
    Thanks for taking the time to share such kind words! Your reaction is just what we hoped for -- I can't wait to share your comments with the rest of our team.

    Thanks again for writing!

    P&G Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. .

    They're so excited!

    ReplyDelete