23 June 2008

Post 141

I am not a patient person--not generally speaking, at least. I've been trying to teach myself to play the piano for the past couple months, and sometimes I just get so frustrated at my fingers' disobedience. I have often tried to console myself by saying, "Rome wasn't built in a day," but I've occasionally been so upstartish as to wonder whether it would have been if it had been built by me.

But tonight finds me feeling peaceful and calm, filled with an unspeakable assurance that everything is going to be okay, that I'm going to be okay, and that I'm actually doing better than I sometimes give myself credit for. It's a wonderful thing, and I want more than anything to not screw it up. That's my goal.

I will probably still tend toward impatience, but tonight, at least, none of my normal anxiousness is accompanying my sleeplessness (which leaves the question, "Why am I still awake?"). I guess what I'm really trying to say, here, is that patience is a good thing--meaning, I guess, that I expect you to forgive me in advance for the week I'm about to go without posting anything because I'm going on a family vacation, so don't look for anything new to appear here until sometime during the early part of July.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, well that's a very elaborate way of saying you're going on haitus. Enjoy your trip!

    Hm... Yeah, patience is usually a good thing. Hard sometimes, but good... I applaud your efforts!

    And go to bed you silly butterfly! ;P

    ReplyDelete